Pamela Campbell published Be a part of the Texas Humane Legislation Network (THLN) and volunteer! in Latest News 2019-09-05 19:03:34 -0500
Sep 5, 2019
If you’ve got a passion for animals and want to contribute to making a tangible difference in Texas, volunteer with us and become part of the most powerful network for animals in the state.
THLN depends on volunteers to help carry out our mission, which is to address unjust animal welfare laws and stop cruelty before it starts. With a variety of volunteer opportunities available, there is sure to be something that suits your interests, talents and schedule.Read more
Pamela Campbell published Get a Raffle Ticket - Turks & Caicos in News & Events 2019-08-22 12:13:13 -0500
West Bay Club
Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
5 NIGHTS | (retail value: $3,860)*
Win a paradise vacation to beautiful Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands! Home to spectacular beaches (including the critically acclaimed Grace Bay Beach), luxury resorts, and fine dining. Explore Chalk Sound National Park, a unique natural lagoon, or participate in one of the many amazing water sports that the island has to offer. The options are endless, and whether your preference is to spend your days soaking up the sun on a soft white sandy beach next to brilliantly turquoise water, or to partake in something more active, you won't be disappointed!
West Bay Club is beautifully situated on the widest sweep of the fine, white-sand beaches of Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos. With stunning views of the glittering ocean to greet you, no detail is overlooked. The hotel features the highest-quality amenities, devoted staff, and offers a variety of dining options to cater to every taste. The peaceful atmosphere and gorgeous surroundings set the scene for a refreshing and relaxing getaway. The staff at the West Bay is dedicated to providing a personal experience for every guest, and are available to assist in planning activities to create the perfect vacation memories!
Also included in the winning package will be enough Southwest Airlines air miles for two round trip flights to Turks & Caicos!
* Trip must be taken by June 30th, 2020
1 ticket = $20 - 3 tickets = $60
6 tickets = $100 (one bonus ticket!)
13 tickets = $200 (three bonus tickets!)
Pamela Campbell published Ticket Purchase - Be the Change in Be the Change 2019-07-29 16:59:07 -0500
Pamela Campbell wants to volunteer 2019-04-11 17:28:24 -0500
The Texas Humane Legislation Network (THLN) has a unique mission in Texas, advocating year-round for the protection of animals through legislation and effectuating change for hundreds of thousands of animals for over 40 years. Currently operating as a 501(c)4 nonprofit and political voice for animals across the state, THLN organizes around the Texas State Legislative sessions, creating priority legislation, the passing of which receives the bulk of lobbying and funding resources. Supporters and followers are kept up to date on bills affecting animal welfare and empowered to engage local legislators on behalf of THLN.
Director of Development Position
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Development will develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan that includes individual giving, major donor cultivation, peer-to-peer fundraising opportunities, and online campaigns. With a broad network of volunteers across the state, the Director of Development will engage and empower fundraising and awareness by the local chapters in support of the organization’s mission. The Director of Development should be a passionate advocate with strong communication and organizational skills and a drive to build relationships that benefit the growth of THLN.
Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan that matches the organization’s annual revenue goals. This includes but is not limited to:
- securing new donors and sustaining current donors
- managing annual fundraising campaigns as well as special fundraising programs (i.e. “Capitol Campaign”)
- supporting fundraising action plans of the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Under the leadership of the Executive Director, serve as the key fundraiser for the organization by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and prospects.
- Use best-practice standards to communicate with donors in a timely and professional manner including gift receipts, thank you notes, and general donor communications.
- Ensure effective recordkeeping using the NationBuilder database.
- Oversee the fundraising portion of the budget (including events) as it relates to revenue and expenses.
- Prepare detailed monthly reports on fundraising goals for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Execute fundraising events by serving as the lead point-person for the coordination and management of logistics, vendor/venue relations, and volunteers, as well as setting the program agenda and fundraising goals.
- Partner with the Executive Director and communications team to design comprehensive communications strategies to support our mission and vision and grow the capacity of the organization (including, but not limited to direct mail and online solicitations).
- Facilitate the fundraising efforts of the board of directors, chapter presidents, and volunteers by providing training, education, and support to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Support external, third-party fundraising efforts (e.g. supporter house parties, benefit events, vendor generated support).
- Assist chapter presidents in connecting with volunteers for support roles that grow grassroots infrastructures and strengthen chapter involvement in the organization’s mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Successful candidates will possess the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years experience with a broad range of general development skills; experience with volunteer engagement a plus
- Proven accomplishments building, cultivating, and stewarding relationships that result in revenue generation
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal – in order to share the vision for THLN with passion and authenticity
Successful candidates will also demonstrate the following key personal characteristics:
- Passion for and commitment to the mission and vision of Texas Humane Legislation Network
- Ability to set expectations, establish priorities, and manage projects independently
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Demonstrated ability to assert initiative and manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Enthusiasm for networking, volunteer engagement, and donor cultivation
Some state-wide travel will be expected. Qualified candidate could live in one of the major chapter locations: Houston, Austin, and Dallas.
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan that matches the organization’s annual revenue goals. This includes but is not limited to:
The Texas Humane Legislation Network is fortunate to have in its leadership some of the area’s most accomplished professionals in their fields of animal law, animal welfare, and grassroots advocacy. Some of our leaders may be available to share their expertise with your conference attendees or group. These experts can speak on a variety of topics; the below list may help your company, agency, or organization decide which animal-related topic provides the most value to your intended audience.
If you are not sure which speaker you would prefer, we will use the information in your form to see if a good fit is possible. To begin the process of requesting a speaker, please complete the brief form below. Please note that completing the form does not obligate you to book, nor is there a guarantee a speaker will be available. Once we receive your information, we’ll be in touch with you to learn more about your event.
- Understanding the difference between animal abuse and neglect
- Under the Dome: A Review of the Animal Bills from the 2017 Legislative Session
- Understanding Animal Law at the Local, State, and Federal level
- The Connection Between Animal Cruelty and Human Violence
- Advocating for Animal Protection Laws
- Best Practice for First Responders; a Multi-discipline Response
Please complete and submit the form below to request a speaker from THLN for your upcoming meeting or event.
Pamela Campbell wants to volunteer 2019-06-24 10:58:12 -0500
The animal cruelty laws in Texas won't change themselves! YOU can help our efforts to pass animal friendly legislation and put a stop to animal cruelty right here in Texas! THLN only has 2 full time employees, which means every victory we have had is because of amazing volunteers like you!
Every chapter has different animal volunteer opportunities and needs. Chapter Leadership Committees create and execute a yearly plan of action for marketing, fundraising, outreach, and legislation. Let us know where you could be of the most help depending on your time, skills, and experience.
Please complete the form below and we will connect with you with the chapter closest to you.
Thank you for being an animal advocate, our efforts to stop animal abuse would not be possible without YOU!
We hope to see you at one of our upcoming events!
Step 1: Please complete the form below and on the second page we will ask for more details about your availability.Become a volunteer
We are nearly sold out but we'd love to make room for you! If you are interested in attending please email Louise at email@example.com
Artisan Vegan Dinner by Chef Habibi at CN Catering
Dessert bar by Cinnaholic
Live music by Space Rockers
Wine, signature cocktail and whiskey tasting station
Silent Auction & Raffle
Already coming to the event? Click here for our style guide.
Interested in becoming a Sponsor of this event?
THLN’s Inaugural Rock the Vote is a one of a kind epic fundraiser! 100% of the proceeds from this event benefit the Texas Humane Legislation Network and our mission to break the chains of thousands of Texas dogs and fight cruel puppy mill breeders. Please join us for an entertaining evening with artisan food, open bar, live music and election themed surprises along the way! You won't want to miss this!
Honorary Emcee: Amy Vanderoef
Amy Vanderoef is best known from her role as the Emmy-nominated Host on WFAA’s Good Morning Texas.Her television career has taken her everywhere from the set of Dancing with the Stars, to ABC’s The View and countless red carpet events!
A proud graduate of the American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA) in New York City, she began her performing career with the New York USO, entertaining US military forces and veterans at Military bases and hospitals. She also worked as a performer for the US Department of Defense entertaining American Armed Forces stationed overseas in countries such as Bosnia, Macedonia, Iceland, Germany and Croatia.
Amy also traveled all around US with the stage show of PBS’s hit TV show “The Magic School Bus.” She played the science teacher Ms. Frizzle…encouraging kids to “Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!”
In 2001, she took on a much different challenge when she was crowned Miss Connecticut USA, and became the state’s representative at the Miss USA Pageant.
Amy has appeared in dozens of commercials in TV and Print, and is also a well accomplished voice over artist. Amy has been a guest star in two ABC daytime dramas; All My Children and One Life to Live, and has worked as a guest correspondent for ABC’s Good Morning America.
Currently Amy is a lifestyle expert contributing on Network TV stations nationwide. She is also a contributor for the nationally syndicated news program Morning Dose and for the Dallas Morning News. She also speaks at dozens of live events each year, acting as MC for many charitable causes. Animal Welfare and pet adoption have been areas of concern Amy has leant her time and resources to over the years, and she is honored to be a voice for The Texas Humane Legislation Network.
Honorary Chair: Holly Forsythe
Holly is owner and designer of Forsythe + Hall Homes. Featured on the TV show Designing Texas, her entire career has encompassed design and construction in both residential and commercial projects. She has two college degrees, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from The University of Texas and a design degree from Parson’s School of Design in New York.
Holly resides in Plano,Texas in the same home where she grew up with her horse in the backyard. She has always had a special place in her heart for animals and at the age of ten, started rescuing dogs and cats that were dumped in the country. She currently has 3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 horses.
As a former co-owner of Sambuca Restaurants for more than two decades, and a local philanthropist, Holly has helped several charities through volunteering her time and was awarded Rebel with a Cause Award from Bad to the Bone and the “Humanitarian” Award from THLN in 2014. Currently, she is serving on the Advisory Boards of Operation Kindness, Paws in the City and Take Me Home Pet Rescue, and she was on the Leadership Council for the Texas Horse Park.
BIG THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS:
RED HOT KITTY PEPPERS:
Anne Alonzo & Brent Kaster
DFW Rescue Me
Gray Schrupp & Associates PLLC
Rick & Karen Knobler
Lynch Law Firm
San Antonio Humane Society
Spay Neuter Network
The Street Dog Project
AND BIG THANKS ALSO TO OUR IN-KIND SPONSORS:
Thank you for participating in this 10 question survey! Many of these animal welfare issues were addressed in legislation that failed in the 2017 Texas session, and others represent areas of concern consistently reported by our stakeholders, partners and chapters. We know this is not a comprehensive list of all areas of crises for animals, and we welcome your feedback.Take the survey
As midnight approached on May 23, 2017, our chance to pass a bill that would have banned the inhumane tethering of dogs in Texas came to a dramatic conclusion.
Which legislators ran out the clock and blocked compassionate, common-sense legislation? Watch our video to find out.
Cruelly chained dogs will have to wait two more years, but we are acting now.
Please complete the form below to submit your address to THLN.
testing not logged in – from personal email – 10/23/18 at 4:09PM
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE TRYING TO REPORT A NEGLECT OR ABUSE SITUATION, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL HUMANE SOCIETY, LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OR LOCAL ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER - DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR A THLN MEMBER AS WE ARE A LEGISLATIVE ORGANIZATION, NOT AN ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.
If you use a spam filter, please turn it off because the person providing the response to your inquiry will not have THLN.org in their return email address.
THLN's purpose is to pass effective legislation for the animals in the Texas Legislature. We do not have the resources to deal directly with animal cruelty or adoption issues, but we can recommend several fine organizations who do.
Mailing AddressSend feedback
PO Box 685283
Austin, TX 78768-5283