Thank you for your interest in joining the Texas Humane Legislation Network's Board of Directors and helping THLN #LegislateToChangeTheirFate!
In order to help you make an informed choice, please review the following qualifications for an ideal candidate. If this sounds like you please fill out our Board Member application below! For any questions or more information, please contact our Chair of Board Development, Kathy Davis, at email@example.com
Board Member Qualifications
Ideal Candidates for the Board Director position:
- Have experience serving on a non-profit board.
- Have experience in animal advocacy and welfare or a similar volunteer or professional field.
- Have lobbying experience or experience working in national, state or local level politics.
- Are willing to travel occasionally to assist with outreach events and lobby days around the state.
- Have the ability to relate to new people and existing supporters and build lasting relationships.
- Have a willingness to make financial contributions to THLN or sponsor THLN fund-raising events and work to identify prospective donors for the THLN Annual “Capitol” Campaign.
- Have a willingness to attend board meetings (in person, by telephone or with online meeting software) and be responsive to leadership and board communications, and
- Are comfortable chairing and serving on one or more committees.